Research Gate: http://www.researchgate.net/profile/Martina_Ferraguti
ORCID ID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-7481-4355
My research has resulted in 18 scientific articles, all published in prestigious international journals included in the Science Citation Index (SCI) from generalist areas such as Scientific Reports (an open-access journal of the editorial group of the Nature journal) to specific areas such as General Biology (PLoS One), Parasitology (Parasites & Vectors) and Epidemiology (Epidemiology & Infection), among others. In addition, I am author of 7 popular science articles in national magazines, including the journals 'Investigación y Ciencia' and 'Quercus'. In addition, I must emphasize that my works have received more than 244 citations (index h = 8, index i10 = 7, Google Scholar) which supports the novelty and international relevance of my studies.
18. Ferraguti M, Martínez‐de la Puente J, García-Longoria L, Soriguer R, Figuerola J, Marzal
A (2019) - From Africa to Europe: evidence of transmission of
a tropical Plasmodium lineage in Spanish populations of house sparrows. Parasites &
Vectors, 12: 548.
17. Martínez‐de la Puente J, Ferraguti M, Jiménez-Peñuela J, Ruiz S, Martínez J, Roiz D, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2019) Filarial worm circulation by mosquitoes along an urbanization gradient in southern Spain. Transboundary Emerging Diseases. 66.4, 1752-1757.
16. Diéz-Fernández, Martínez‐de la Puente J, Gangoso L, Ferraguti M, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2019) - House sparrow uropygial gland secretions do notattract ornithophilic nor mammophilic mosquitoes. Medical and Veterinary Entomology, doi: 10.1111/mve.12401.
15. Jiménez-Peñuela J, Ferraguti M, Martínez-de la Puente J, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2019) - Urbanization and blood parasite infections affect the body condition of wild birds.
Science of the Total Environment, 651: 3015 - 3022.
14. Martínez-de la Puente J, Ferraguti M, Ruiz S, Montalvo T, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2018) - Tracing pathogen transmission by mosquitoes under a global change perspective: on the role of the identification of mosquito bloodmeals. eLS:1-8.
13. Ferraguti M, Martínez-de la Puente J, Bensch S, Roiz D, Ruiz S, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2018) - Ecological determinants of avian malaria infection: an integrative analysis at landscape, mosquito and vertebrate community levels. Journal of Animal Ecology, 87(3): 727-740.
12. Martínez-de la Puente J*, Ferraguti M*, Ruiz S, Roiz D, Llorente F, Pérez-Ramírez E, Jiménez-Clavero MÁ, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2018) - Mosquito community influences West Nile virus seroprevalence in wild birds: implications for the risk of spillover into human populations. Scientific Reports, 8: 2599. * These authors contributed equally to this article.
11. Martínez-de la Puente J, Navarro J, Ferraguti M, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2017) - First molecular identification of the vertebrate hosts of Culicoides imicola in Europe and a review of its blood-feeding patterns worldwide: implications for the transmission of Bluetongue disease and African Horse Sickness. Medical and Veterinary Entomology, 31(4): 333-339. Editor’s Choice.
10. Ruiz-Martínez J, Ferraguti M, Figuerola J, Martínez-de la Puente J, Williams R, Herrera-Dueñas A, Aguirre JI, Soriguer R, Escudero C, Moens M, Pérez-Tris J, Benítez L (2016) - Prevalence and genetic diversity of avipoxvirus in House Sparrows in Spain. PLoS One, 11(12), e0168690.
9. Martínez-de la Puente J, Ferraguti M, Roiz D, Ruiz S, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2016) - Culex pipiens forms and urbanization: effects on blood feeding sources and transmission of avian Plasmodium. Malaria Journal, 15: 589.
8. Ferraguti M, Martínez-de la Puente J, Roiz D, Ruiz S, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2016) - Effects of landscape anthropization on mosquito community composition and abundance Spain. Scientific Reports, 6: 29002.
7. Ferraguti M*, Martínez-de la Puente J*, Soriguer R, Llorente F, Jiménez-Clavero MÁ, Figuerola J (2016) - West Nile virus neutralizing antibodies in wild birds from southern Spain. Epidemiology & Infection, 144: 1907 - 1911. * These authors contributed equally to this article.
6. Zangari L, Ferraguti M, Luiselli L, Battisti C, Bologna MA (2013) - Breeding birds along a vegetation gradient in a Mediterranean landscape: contrasting patterns in spatial diversity. Vie et milieu - Life and environment, 63 (3/4): 121-126.
5. Zangari L, Ferraguti M, Luiselli L, Battisti C, Bologna MA (2013) - Comparing patterns in abundance and diversity of hole-nesting Birds in mediterranean habitats. Revue d’Ecologie/La Terre et la Vie, 68: 267-274.
4. Ferraguti M, Martínez-de la Puente J, Ruiz S, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2013) - On the study of the transmission networks of blood parasites from SW Spain: diversity of avian Haemosporidians in the biting midge Culicoides circumscriptus and wild birds. Parasites & Vectors, 6:208. Article listed as "Highly accessed" by BioMed Central.
3. Ferraguti M, Martínez-de la Puente J, Muñoz J, Roiz D, Ruiz S, Soriguer R, Figuerola J (2013) - Avian Plasmodium in Culex and Ochlerotatus mosquitoes from southern Spain: effects of season and host-feeding source on parasite dynamics. PLoS One, 8(6): e66237. Doñana Biological Station best paper "Severo Ochoa award" under the category PhD student.
2. Martínez-de la Puente J, Martínez J, Ferraguti M, Morales-delaNuez A, Castro N, Figuerola J (2012) - Genetic characterization and molecular identification of the bloodmeal sources of the potential bluetongue vector Culicoides obsoletus in the Canary Islands, Spain. Parasites & Vectors, 5: 147. Article listed as "Highly accesed" by BioMed Central.
1. Ferraguti M, Battisti C, Luiselli L, Zangari L, Bologna MA (2012) - Breeding bird assemblages in a Mediterranean mature beech forest: evidence of an intra-seasonal stability. Rendiconti Lincei, 24(1),1-5.